Eurostar, Internal Communications Officer
Internal Communications Officer for Eurostar based in King’s Cross in central London on a six month contract.
In the world of rail travel, Eurostar has been at the leading edge of innovation from day one, back in 1994. Throughout our journey, travellers have been at the centre of everything we do and we've been pioneers in more ways than one.
Since we started, we've carried over 170 million passengers. We take thousands of people every day to Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, the South of France and the French Alps. We are ambitious for growth and expansion and are in the final stages of preparation for our new routes direct to Amsterdam and Rotterdam.
Working as part of a fast moving and exciting team, this role presents a great opportunity to work for an iconic brand with a specific focus on Internal Communications.
As our Internal Communications Officer, you will develop communications plans for Eurostar employees helping them understand the direction, purpose and performance of the business and how they contribute to our success.
We are looking for you to...
- Work with the Internal Communications Manager and Head of Internal Communications to deliver proactive campaigns which improve employee engagement and the understanding of our business strategy
- Develop our approach, optimising existing channels and recommending new tools with a specific focus on face to face communication as well as more innovative social media channels
- Support company-wide events and launches in liaison with wider Communications team
- Develop positive working relationships across the senior management community, our various Head Office departments and our continental stations
- Write and distribute regular and ad-hoc internal communications, maintaining company-wide intranet pages – while identifying where we can improve internal communications at Eurostar
- Work closely with the media, public affairs and community and environment team to help deliver against our objective
Experience and skills required
Ideally you will have...
- Great written and spoken English skills and attention to detail
- A confident, outgoing personality, ability to get on well with people, grasp issues and be a self-starter
- Experience of working in communications either external or internal
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of spoken/written French would be a great advantage but is not essential
Click 'Apply' now.