FTI Consulting, Senior Consultant | Strategic Communications - Financial Services
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment.
With more than 4,400 professionals in 27 countries, we work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields including: certified turnaround professionals, forensic accountants, corporate investigation specialists, intellectual property specialists, former political leaders, former chief executives, Nobel Laureate economists, banking and securities professionals, certified public accountants, e-discovery professionals, corporate, financial and crisis communications specialists, chartered financial analysts and industry experts.
Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialised expertise.
We are the company engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and contributing to history-making engagements, read on.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Strategic Communications division of FTI Consulting (NYSE; FCN) is one of the world’s largest strategic business and financial communications consultancies; with over 700 people in more than 25 key markets.
FTI works with some of the world’s leading companies throughout the UK and around the world, to provide expert advice to address their most pressing communications and business challenges.
The Financial Services team builds and protects reputational value for the full spectrum of UK and international businesses, from banks and investment banks, to insurers, asset managers, private equity companies, hedge funds and governments.
We think holistically about the industry and address media, analyst, investor, employee and customer audiences from within our team. We are currently seeking Senior Consultants to join a growing team of over 25 professionals in London, with corporate comms experience.
Deliver to Clients
- To support in the drafting of client plans and proposals
- Develop content ideas, showing strong insights into the news agenda
- Lead / support on the execution of media strategies
- Writing of press releases, commentaries and statements
- Supporting on issues management, including drafting of Q&A statements
- Deliver research proposals
- One of the main points of contact for client handling, offering counsel and insights
- Assist senior team members in creatively preparing and delivering the client programme
- Strong journalist relationships across print, trade and broadcast outlets
- Share ideas and client information with the team
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues
- Develop relationships with other teams within FTI
- Support in managing team processes and in the training / development of junior team members
Build the Business
- Seek new business opportunities and produce fresh ideas
- Look to expand the Financials portfolio through business with existing clients and the broader FTI group
- Proactively network with media and industry contacts, as well as potential clients
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in an in-house communications or PR agency role is desirable
- Strong writing skills
- Possess or have the desire to develop excellent contacts with the media
- Experience in the Financial Services and related sectors an advantage.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting and client organisations
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team
- Takes a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
Apply by completing the application form below.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer