Instinctif Partners, Investor Relations Manager (Saudi Arabia)
The newly appointed IR Manager’s overriding role will be to support the development of a world class IR programme; one that is recognised by analysts and investors alike as being a leading proponent of IR in the Middle East.
The IR Manager will work closely with the CEO, CFO, the Finance division and the Corporate Communications division to ensure consistent messages are delivered to stakeholders.
Specific Objectives :
- Help put in place a world class investor relations capability, working according to a defined strategy and calendar.
- To educate international financial audiences about the Company, including the strength of its corporate strategy and management.
- To create the basis for sustained enhancement of the Company’s investor (and other stakeholders’) relationships, through a programme of regular communication to maintain and strengthen the Company’s profile.
- To undertake all communications in line with international best practice and relevant market regulation.
- To co-ordinate internal processes to ensure effective communications with external audiences.
- Work closely with Group CFO, CEO and senior mgt. on group level
- Regular external reporting activities:
- Work with the external IR advisory consultancy and internal management to ensure that other corporate press releases of a market sensitive nature are produced on a timely basis and to the requisite ‘world class’ standard.
- Copywriting and maintaining the investor relations section of the corporate website; and support the development of other collateral and presentations, including the annual report and investor packs to support analyst/investor outreach.
Investor targeting/Analyst outreach
- Competitor and peer-group analyses; shareholder and bond holder identification.
- Manage the annual calendar of IR conferences and other events to provide regular contact with principal bond- and shareholders and key underweight and non-holders.
- Liaison with external bond- and shareholder identification service providers, and investor targeting program providers.
- Prepare capital markets communications literature and presentations, slide show packs and roadshow materials.
- Attend key investor/analyst/journalist meetings, where appropriate with CEO and/or CFO and other Executive Directors.
- Manage periodic investor days and coordinate ad hoc analyst and investor tours, ensuring supporting materials are prepared as necessary.
- Maintain regular contact with buy- and sell-side analysts, including responding to ad hoc queries.
Ongoing management of IR activities
- Prepare an annual investor relations plan and budget for the IR function.
- Monitor analysts’ forecast on an ongoing basis, comparison with the Company’s own forecasts, and work to guide expectations as appropriate.
- Monitor and review analyst reports on the Company and its peers and highlight any key issues for discussion with Executive Management.
- Prepare for and attend meetings with brokers and financial advisors.
- Write the investor relations Board reports to ensure Executive Management are up to date with the IR function and the financial markets’ views and concerns.
- Annual Report.
- Run Debt Capital Market IR programme.
- Run Capital Markets Day.
- Quarterly results process.
Other/ad hoc management
- Manages Rating Agency relationships.
- Write and coordinate aspects of crisis communications, as and when required, ensuring consistency of message and approach.
- Liaise with, and represent the Company, in external stakeholder events and programmes (Investor conferences, conference calls, roadshows).
- An in-depth understanding of the financial and investment markets.
- Knowledge of and experience in Capital Markets / Corporate IR / Financial Media management.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and within different mediums.
- Knowledge of Tadawul’s regulations and compliance requirements.
- Proactive and organised, with the ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to respond sensitively and appropriately to confidential issues and information.
- High level of accuracy, consistency and timely responses are essential.
- Flexibility to travel as and when required.
- Fluency in both spoken and written Arabic would be an advantage.
- The role is based in Jeddah, KSA.
- Ideally past experience within the required sector.
- Previous communications experience would be an advantage, acquired either in-house or through a consultancy.
- Buy- and sell-side analysts will also be considered.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree with relevant specialization.
- CPA / CIMA / CA / CFA / MBA qualification may be advantages but not a specific requirement.
- Vocational certification such as Certified Practitioner of Investor Relations (CPIR)/ Certificate in IR or similar would be an advantage but not essential.
Click 'Apply' now.