XL Catlin, Communications & Marketing Associate
1 day left
- Full Time
We invent the new to help the world move forward. Combining powerful analytics and deeper insights with bigger ideas and innovative solutions, we free up our clients’ potential, thereby fulfilling our own. Take it seriously. Make it fun. Know it matters.
MAXIMIZE your opportunity
Our Communications and Marketing (C&M) function supports the business goals of XL Catlin by driving a high level of market visibility for our expertise, products, services, innovation and thought leadership, especially among brokers and the industries we serve.
We build and protect our market and internal reputation by proactively shaping and executing an integrated communications and marketing strategy in close alignment with company strategy and plans. We deliver our messages across different channels and take advantage of different digital tools.
As a Senior Associate you will be part of a closely connected global team. You will actively contribute to executing our integrated communications strategy, ensuring high quality, consistency and alignment of activities and messaging. You will be working as part of a global team, but with a primary focus on UK and Ireland.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- You will actively contribute to our thought leadership platform Fast Fast Forward, drafting articles and editing as appropriate.
- You will also be responsible for maintaining the FFF editorial calendar; working as part of the global editorial team you will ensure the schedule is up to date, that content is delivered on time and reflects business strategy and the news agenda.
- Importantly you will be responsible for making sure content is leveraged via all our channels and proactively engage with our digital team to understand the analytics around readership, making recommendation based on these insights.
- Additionally you will work with Communications & Marketing colleagues to select articles for client broker email blasts.
- Draft press releases for people moves, product launches, speaking engagements, etc.
- Help the Communications Director, International develop interview briefs with and for senior leaders.
- Assist with issuing press releases to media and sharing via social channels.
- Upload press releases to website using a CMS.
- Manage content for the company’s social advocacy tool – ShoutOut.
- Work with the global team to monitor our various channels and alert colleagues as appropriate.
Events and conferences
- Support colleagues taking part at conferences helping to develop talking points and other supporting materials working closely with the broader Communications & Marketing team.
- Ensuring participation is promoted through relevant communication internal and external channels.
- Help maintain our company-wide messaging resource – the Book of Messages.
- Coordinate media training programmes for leaders.
- Ensure our project management tool is updated to reflect activities.
- Monitor coverage.
The main focus of this role is on business line-related communications in the commercial insurance space, rather than corporate communications. This is a hands-on, multi-discipline role that includes a wide range of multi-format communications.
You report to the Communications Director International, responsible for communications in Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America, based in London.
UNLEASH your potential
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities:
- Good writing skills
- Attention to detail, task orientated, collaborative and creative
- IT savvy and committed to quality
- B.A. level university degree, typically in a social science (linguistics, marketing/communications, business)
- PR experience either in-house or agency an advantage
DISCOVER your future
XL Group ltd (NYSE:XL), through its subsidiaries and under the XL Catlin brand, is a global insurance and reinsurance company providing property, casualty, professional, specialty and alternative capital products to industrial, commercial and professional firms, insurance companies and other enterprises across the world.
From insurance to reinsurance, we’re shaking up an ancient industry. A changing world needs new answers. We’re here to find them. With an incredible blend of people, products, services and technology, we’re looking beyond traditional solutions to our clients’ risks — from the most familiar to the most complex.
Learn more at xlcatlin.com.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for XL Catlin, Communications & Marketing Associate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly