Employee Benefits, Deputy Editor
Employee Benefits, the UK’s leading title for reward professionals, is looking for a talented, dynamic deputy editor.
The deputy editor is responsible for supporting the editor in day-to-day activities including overseeing the daily news agenda, managing social media and co-ordinating email alerts.
The deputy editor will work closely with the editor and features editor to create engaging news and features designed to drive maximum traffic to the website. This role is central to the brand’s digital growth strategy and evolution, following our move away from print earlier this year.
Experience of the industry is not essential, but they will be required to develop and maintain strong industry contacts, and represent the brand at events.
- Contributing to the editorial direction of the brand.
- Deputising in the absence of the Editor.
- Ensuring each piece of content meets relevant deadlines, that copy is error free and of a high standard.
- Continually thinking of new angles, different ways of approaching features and encouraging team to be innovative to ensure content is appealing and engaging to the Employee Benefits readership.
- Ensure all stories written for the web maximise SEO, links, tagging, cross heads and related stories.
- Overseeing setting up of daily email
- Overseeing and signing off daily online news.
- Using social media to promote Employee Benefits content and events to the market
- Feature writing (usually one or two articles per month).
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent understanding of the news process and strong news sense.
- Excellent feature writing and editing experience.
- Excellent online skills including SEO, social media and writing for websites.
- Good understanding of what makes attractive event content.
- Awareness of commercial pressures and a strong sense of editorial integrity.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to represent the publication at seminars and industry events.
- Experience of commissioning writers and managing and motivating teams.
- Relationship Management
- Attention to detail
- Balanced judgment
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Employee Benefits, Deputy Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly