Cosmopolitan, Bookings Editor
The Bookings Editor will be responsible for organising the production of all fashion/beauty shoots and stories, and will occasionally help with celebrity shoots. As part of a small team, the Bookings Editor will also have the opportunity to work on shopping pages within the fashion section.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- To strengthen existing agency relationships and help secure the best models for the magazine
- Create a “Wish List” of preferred Cosmopolitan models seasonally (alongside Fashion Director) and oversee all casting
- To constantly build on Cosmopolitan’s relationships with London based and international model agents
- To identify the new and upcoming models seasonally and to secure these models for the magazine before they are taken on by our competitors
- To connect with the most influential photographic and stylist agencies, to gain their support and ultimately their talent to work for the magazine
- To constantly build on Cosmopolitan’s network of international photographic agents
Creative, Hair and Make-up Artists
- To look out for new photographic and hair and make-up and model talent
- To monitor competitive magazines to keep abreast of new photographers, stylists and models
- Keep abreast of the industry’s best hair and make-up artists and create a list of Cosmopolitan’s “Preferred” hair and make-up artists
- Research interior and outdoor locations for international and local shoots, creating location files
- Work with Travel Editor to identify opportunities for trips accommodation to enable our fashion teams to shoot on location
- To source and collect props for shoots when time permits.
- To attend shoots occasionally, particularly when invited to do so by the stylist or Art Director, or when responsible for props.
- To allocate and manage budgets for all Fashion shoot in conjunction with Fashion Director
- To work in conjunction with the Fashion Director on commissioning all fashion well stories
- To orchestrate seasonal budget and shooting schedule in consultation with the Fashion Director, and deliver this schedule weekly to the Editor in Chief ,Fashion Director, Managing Editor and Creative Director.
- To oversee the organisation of all main fashion shoots i.e. booking photographers, hair and make-up artists and models, directly or through their agents, and arranging locations, while keeping to fashion page budgets.
- To maintain constant dialogue with Fashion Director and Creative Director to ensure systems re print orders orders/layouts etc… run smoothly
- To book all travel arrangement ( cars, flights hotels) for fashion teams attending the collections
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Passion and interest in women’s titles, particularly Cosmopolitan
- Experience of casting.
Click 'Apply' now.