ELLE, Picture Assistant
The Picture Assistant will be responsible for all aspects of imagery for ELLE including sending fashion merch and beauty product out to be shot, photographic commissions, sourcing locations and studios and ensuring the smooth running of the Picture Desk.
- To establish and maintain good relationships with all contributors, agencies and team members
- To attend regular meetings with the Art and Features departments to discuss features in depth and decide on the visual treatment. i.e. picture research, photographic shoot or illustration
- To provide all photographers/agencies/illustrators with a detailed brief (written or verbal). A comprehensive written brief should be sent to features photographers once approved by the Art Director and Picture Editor
- To co-ordinate shoots from start to finish. i.e. liaise with all relevant parties, book locations/studios, arrange transport, delivery of props etc
- To send commissioning forms via the online Concur system and establish copyright. Check and sign invoices and process in the correct way
- To ensure that picture deadlines are always met
- To maintain an organised and accessible filing system for all photographic material by feature/issue. To maintain excellent documentation on all pictures received and returned
- To ensure pictures are ready within specific deadlines with all picture credits correctly indicated
- To maintain Picture Credits and manage budget.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with picture agencies, contributors, the despatch department and own team
- Proven experience in production
- Strong picture research skills and excellent creative eye
- Proven experience in liaising with picture agencies to establish the brief and research their libraries
- Strong negotiation skills
Click 'Apply' now.