What Car?, Deputy Production Editor
What Car?, Britain’s leading car buyer’s guide, is looking for a new deputy production editor.
We’re looking for someone with proven editorial experience, both print and online, and who enjoys working in a large, dynamic editorial team.
Reporting directly to the group production editor and working with the editorial team, you will be responsible for:
• Helping to refine What Car?’s editorial content, in print and online
• Setting editorial deadlines, and ensuring they’re adhered to
• Seeing the magazine production through from raw copy to approved page
• You will be the main point of contact for liaising with our colour house during production of the magazine and our online and tablet editions
• Subbing raw copy and pages, ensuring accuracy throughout
• You will have excellent organisational skills
• You will also be a first-rate sub and fact-checker. We need someone who’s willing to check the smallest details as well as see the big picture.
• We want a great writer, and someone willing to learn the intricacies of our online proofing system.
Knowledge of and enthusiasm for cars and the car-buying process will certainly be an advantage, but is not essential. You will also be a stickler for deadlines, many of which will be set by yourself.