MailOnline, Online Sports Reporters
Sports Website of the Year, MailOnline, is looking for talented journalists to join its digital team.
MailOnline is the world's biggest English-language newspaper website with over 180 million monthly unique visitors globally.
The office-based role involves writing and building news stories, features and minute-by-minute live blogs for MailOnline Sport.
You will need a background in digital journalism and expert sporting knowledge to excel in this role. Successful candidates will also understand the demands of this competitive online industry and consider areas such as SEO and social to be key ingredients of any successful website.
Above all, applicants must be able to deliver high quality and error-free stories to very tight deadlines.
* The ability to constantly generate new story ideas from the latest sporting events
* A determination to stay abreast of all the big talking points in sport
* An appreciation of the best images and videos to help tell the story
* The ability to use social media for both story ideas and as a way of generating traffic
* Experience of building stories that are optimised for search
* Experience of using content management systems and image libraries
* Flexibility regarding working patterns
It’s not essential, but a knowledge of Spanish, German, Italian or French would be beneficial.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org