Hubert Burda Media UK, Online News Writer/News Editor
Hubert Burda Media UK is seeking an experienced trade writer/news editor to work on our website dedicated to the wedding trade industry. You should have plenty of demonstrable experience working in consumer and b2b media as a writer or Editor and be confident in a busy, fast-paced environment. Applicants must have a firm understanding of web journalism and technology news, plus a good grasp of social media marketing potentialities. Superb communication skills are a must. All applicants must have excellent journalistic and writing skills.
• Creating exciting and relevant news content for the website and ensuring all content is factually and legally correct.
• Updating content for social media platforms updates.
• Building regular newsletters.
• Interviewing key players in the wedding industry.
• Creating video content of interviews and other relevant areas.
• Attending trade shows and consumer shows to represent the website
• Creating and maintaining relationships with key suppliers and advertisers
• Working closely with the sales teams to generate commercial opportunities plus ensure all appropriate ads and supporting content is added to websites.
• Working closely with the technical team to drive the future direction of content on the site.
• Excellent editorial skills with a sound understanding of writing for the web and engaging online audiences, as well as understanding how to write for SEO purposes.
• Ability to undertake research using a variety of sources.
• A thorough and precise approach to work with a good attention to detail.
• Solid experience contributing to or managing b2b magazines, consumer magazines or websites.
• Knowledge of digital trends.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to respond flexibly to changing priorities, plus be able to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to use own initiative, as well as work as part of a team.
This is a full-time position, based in our Colchester office – please not it is NOT a London position.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com