The Sun, Sub-Editor (News and Features)
News UK is looking for a Sub Editor to champion the Sun on all platforms. As well as having a way with words, you'll be self-motivated, brimming with enthusiasm and full of ideas for improving stories.
- You need to be fully aware of potential legal issues and must always act in accordance with the PCC Code of Conduct.
- Striking up good working relationships with colleagues in other areas is vital.
- Ensuring that copy is subbed, relevant to each publishing platform.
- Generate great headlines that contribute to what makes The Sun different from other brands.
- Keen attention to detail, and meticulous fact-checking. Ensuring each story is balanced
- Consulting with reporter/writer in order to resolve issues with copy and keeping middle bench informed on changes that arise as stories develop
- Able to suggest new angles to news/features desks
- Must have and maintain a wide knowledge of current affairs and trends through reading various titles as well as utilising other media platforms daily.
- Ensure all products are professionally finalised and display the Sun DNA.
- Understands and cares about The Sun DNA and how it works for paper and non-paper platforms
- An obsessive interest in current affairs and popular culture, bags of drive and confidence and a cracking sense of humour
- Able to work under pressure of tight and frequent deadlines
- Well organised
- Adaptability - able to adapt style dependent on the story
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.