International Financing Review, Derivatives Reporter
International Financing Review, the world's leading source of capital markets intelligence for over 30 years, is looking for a knowledgeable and motivated reporter to join the London team covering the derivatives market. The global derivatives market is a key component of IFR's capital markets coverage, positioned at the centre of a worldwide regulatory overhaul and interacting with all areas of financial markets.
Covering developments across equity, fixed income and commodity derivatives markets for both IFR magazine and IFRe, the reporter will break news and write analysis. We are looking for a reporter who is comfortable talking to senior bankers, investors, traders and regulators. He or she must also be willing to develop strong relationships with other members of the IFR team across all asset classes and journalists within the Reuters newswire.
- Proactive approach to generating derivatives market content written for expert and non-expert clients.
- Ensuring a daily flow of information on market developments is covered efficiently and timely fashion.
- Breaking news on market and regulatory developments
- Exercising sound news judgment on what moves markets and why
- Establishing and maintaining close contact with bankers, traders and investors
- Contributing to the magazine's news and other product sections
At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Essential Required Skills: (list the essential requirements for the role)
- Experience of reporting, research or market experience covering or working in the financial markets. A thorough knowledge and understanding of derivatives markets.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Extensive network of sources in the finance market both on the sellside and buyside.
- Solid organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Desirable Skills: (list the desirable requirements for the role)
- Foreign languages
- Educated to a degree level
- Ability to use Excel to a high standard to enhance stories with informative charts