GIGWISE, Managing Editor - Music Startup
The Managing Editor is a more technical role. Their aim is to guide the content output across all GIGWISE platforms, manage and train staff and plan and perform outreach to freelancers, interns and contributors, recruiting, motivating and incentivising as required.
Reporting directly to the CEO the Managing Editor will perform their role in co-operation with the Editor, CTO and Commercial Director. They will be a model staff member who is highly organised, is able to manage staff having an editorial background you will also be able to turn your hand to writing, as and when needed, particularly when creation of advertiser content is required.
The Managing Editor will make sure editorial output complies with business objectives as well as as appealing to a growing audience, setting targets for staff in line with the company bigger picture.
- Acts as a bridge between the business and content creators
- Organises and manages staff, enforces deadlines, best practice and style guide
- Conducts bi-weekly editorial meetings, setting the agenda and topics
- Oversees staff, recruits interns, freelancers, contributors, planning and performing outreach to identified super-users, motivating and incentivising them to submit reviews, photos and video
- Hires and fires staff with CEO approval
- Acts as Editor in their absence
- Handles budgets for travel, purchases etc
- Tracks stats and sets targets for departments and staff with CEO’s guidance
- Trains staff, freelancers, contributors and super-users
To apply, click 'Apply' now.