Marie Claire, Digital Fashion Editor
Marieclaire.co.uk is looking for a dynamic and brilliant Digital Fashion Editor who lives and breathes digital fashion and knows their Vetements from their Vete Memes.
Working with the Digital Editor, you will lead the Fashion channel and its wider digital touch points to make sure that MC’s fashion finger is firmly on the pulse with everything from fashion news and features, to celebrity style and shopping, whilst ensuring all content produced is full of personality, reflecting the Marie Claire brand tone.
As well as passion for fashion and a deep understanding of how to communicate this to a digital audience, the ideal candidate will have:
- Four years digital experience, with at least two years in a similar role
- An innate understanding of what makes our audience tick, or more importantly, click in the fashion world: From the must-have item of the season and what’s trending, to the best new vloggers and models to know about, right the way through to the most gloriously bonkers quotes.
- Proven experience of writing and turning around sparkling, traffic-driving copy to tight daily deadlines and leading a digital channel to success against high traffic targets.
- Proven experience in bringing your content to life on various social media platforms, such as Snapchat, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook as well as other distribution platforms.
- Experience with video creation and presenting.
- A thorough working knowledge of web tools for reporting and curating content accordingly, as well as watertight best practice for SEO and SMO.
- Produce and write compelling content across all digital platforms. Write flawless, engaging copy in line with the brand’s voice, ensuring all content is SEO-perfect and SMO optimised. Quality is key and success will be measured by traffic generated against targets, SERP position and on-page SEO grades.
- Review analytics continuously, and respond accordingly. Employ audience development best practices and enhance your understanding of the tools used in digital journalism.
- Ensure daily presence of new fashion content on site (including weekends, afternoons and evenings), managing your time to plan and schedule content. Content volume expected on a daily basis will be defined and used as an additional measure of success in the role.
- Create and promote content across all social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram as a non-definitive example). Visits, engagement levels and page impressions will be the measures of success here.
- Produce weekly newsletters and develop regular ‘specials’ to showcase content.
- Build an exciting network of contribs and commission writers, seeing content through from brief to live. This includes MC’s internal team and the wider TimeInc family. The volume of content from contribs going live daily will be monitored and a baseline expectation set.
- Build excellent relationships with PRs, agents and opinion-forming figures and bodies to secure exclusive stories and interviews.
- Attend the regular brand meetings to plan content and cross platform stories with print and digital teams.
- Share best practice and SEO/web writing knowledge with the wider brand team. Lead by example and support team in integrating the brand to be a truly cross—platform one.
- Write creative solutions copy for digital or print when requested by the Digital Editor.
- Work outside of traditional office hours including early mornings, evenings and some weekends if needed.
Click 'Apply' now.