Muddy Stilettos, Regional Editors
Multi award-winning blog Muddy Stilettos is looking for brilliant Regional Editors for the counties of Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Wiltshire, Essex, Dorset, Hampshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Yorkshire, Cheshire, Cumbria and Durham to start between January-March 2017.
Muddy Stilettos is one of the most influential lifestyle blogs in the UK, with a huge profile and readership in 11 counties in the South of England.
Aimed squarely at fun-loving, intelligent, cosmopolitan AB women 30-55 outside London who want a highly curated, reliable and trusted source of the best things to do in their spare time, the blog has grown aggressively in its three and half years since launch and is now a highly regarded digital media channel in the region, successfully competing with regional glossies and newspapers.
Muddy Stilettos was awarded Most Innovative Blog UK at the UK National Blog Awards (2015) and was voted as Top 3 again in 2016. It was voted Top 3 Lifestyle blogs in the UK in both 2014 & 2015.
The blog is looking to expand throughout the UK, recruiting brilliant editors for the counties of Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Wiltshire, Essex, Dorset, Hampshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Yorkshire, Cheshire, Cumbria and Durham.
The ideal candidate is a warm, witty, brilliant writer who has moved out of the city and wants to ditch the stress of the commute for a better work/life balance, and the ability to work from home around family and life commitments.
S/he will have a weakness for eating out, staying in smart hotels, going to the theatre and taking the kids to cool places, and be ambitious to run her own business as part of the highly-respected Muddy Stilettos brand.
- You will have an ongoing working relationship with the Founder and Editor of Muddy Stilettos, who will work with you on perfecting your content, style and tone of voice for the Muddy reader and advise you on how to grow your own regional business.
- Running your Muddy Stilettos regional blog, posting regularly and gaining and growing a high readership
- Working with Muddy Stilettos’ Editor-in-Chief to produce a workable forward-planning calendar, and running your own annual regional Muddy Stilettos Awards for the best lifestyle businesses in your area
- Researching and curating content pieces as necessary
- Building/nurturing your readership on twitter/FB/IG/Pinterest
- Producing compelling email newsletters 3 times a week to your subscribers
- You need to live in the county you’re representing and be able to get around it regularly to check out new shops, theatre shows, events and restaurants, so a car is necessary.
- Urbane, cosmopolitan with great taste
- Charming and fun – can get along with everyone
- Motivated and organised
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Ambitious – do you have the hustle?!
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Brilliant writing - accessible, witty, down-to-earth
- Understanding of how PRs, magazines, sponsorship and advertising work
- Previous experience in sales/marketing would be an advantage
- Journalists, PRs and writers are all ideal candidates but others will be considered
- Knowledge of wordpress is an advantage, as is a good grasp of how the main social networks work but this can be taught to the right candidate
- Experience of living in a large city would be useful
Please apply here to the Editor, Muddy Stilettos by sending your CV and examples of your work, by completing the application form below.
Salary: Self-employed, up to £65,000.
Closing date: 18 Nov 2016