Construction News, Deputy Editor - 12 months FTC
Covering maternity leave, this Deputy Editor role will be responsible for leading CN’s content, including running the busy news desk. A perfect opportunity for an experienced journalist looking to take a step-up in their career on an industry-leading title.
- Responsible for CN’s day-to-day content including news, comment, investigations and analysis
- Commissioning content when required and overseeing the daily digital-first content plan
- Writing exclusive news content and leading CN’s digital-first plan through special reports and interactive online content
- Responsible for all news, analysis and comment in weekly magazine as well as contributing to design including the cover
- Responsible for setting industry-leading news agenda with three direct line reports based in London and Manchester
- Chairing round tables or conference panel sessions where required and willing to be interviewed on national television and radio about the construction industry
- Making and maintaining contacts with the most senior business and client leaders in the construction industry
- Acting as an ambassador and leader for Construction News both within the construction industry and the Ascential PLC group
Skills and Experience Required
- More than 3 years’ experience in B2B publishing including as a news editor
- Proven ability to secure industry-leading exclusives and make outstanding contacts in your field
- Must have management experience
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the construction and property industries would be beneficial, but is not a must
- Must have a journalism degree or equivalent and shorthand of 100 wpm
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the ability of B2B titles to make a real difference in their industry. The candidate will be a natural leader, willing to spend as much time helping others to develop their content as chasing down scoops themselves. The candidate will be competitive, outgoing and a team player, willing to champion the industry and also hold it to account.
Click 'Apply' now.