Shortlist Media are looking for an outstanding Editor who will take charge of the evolution of Stylist’s digital portfolio.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading our award winning digital team and working with them to implement the ambitious growth plans we have for the site.
They will have a clear vision for how to significantly grow engagement across social media. Experience working with a video team to create engaging and highly shareable video content is also desirable.
Most importantly, our chosen candidate will understand the topics that resonate with the Stylist audience and will instinctively know how to create, commission and edit words and pictures that excite and delights that audience.
From politics and culture to beauty and food, the Stylist reader has a broad range of interests and expects to be enlightened, educated and empowered by what she reads.
Our chosen candidate will have a clearly defined content strategy for creating a site and social platforms that surprise and delight our reader on every visit.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a visionary digital editor to take charge of a successful and much loved digital brand and to help transform it into one of the UK’s most successful lifestyle websites.
Requirements - The successful candidate will have:
- Upwards of 3 years’ experience Editing or Deputising on a national news, ents or lifestyle website
- Demonstrable experience of building large scale audience and social engagement for a successful national website
- Experience of creating and implementing a digital content strategy for a major publisher
- Upwards of 2 years’ experience editing a range of editorial - from features to news - to ensure quality, accuracy and optimisation for a search and social audience
- Upwards of 2 years’ experience managing a team of writers, editors and designers
- A clear vision of the writers, influencers and photographers we should be commissioning and working with to ensure we are featuring the most engaging, exciting and brilliant new talent across Stylist.co.uk
- A clear understanding of Google analytics (and other content analysis tools) and to be comfortable running reports and overseeing traffic patterns and opportunities
- Extensive experience using a content management system, Photoshop and other editing and content building tools
- Experience of creating the concept and overseeing the execution of video designed to engage large audiences both on social media and on site
Send a CV, covering letter and a 100-word summary of your vision for Stylist.co.uk by completing the application form below.
Deadline: 24 February 2017
Shortlist Media Ltd is a fast-growth enterprise, which marries the can-do spirit of a start-up with the power and discipline of a more established business.
SML is a potent mix of creativity and editorial pride with commercial innovation; a young, energetic workplace full of smart, ambitious people.
The plan is aggressive growth through new launches and acquisitions, alongside the creative commercial exploitation of its existing brands, platforms and audiences.
Please note: We thank you in advance for any applications; only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.