The Independent, Trending Content Journalist
The Independent is looking for a creative and driven Trending Content Journalist.
We want to hear from anyone who likes news, editing websites and writing shareable stories - and has experience with all three. The successful candidate must have a passion for news - and a passion for making news stories and headlines accessible and engaging to readers
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include spotting stories, writing newslists, coming up with feature ideas based on trending topics, helping to write social headlines, editing and producing posts.
Essential experience and skills:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced newsroom
- Strong familiarity with and fondness for social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Reddit and Pinterest
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to understand and spot a wide range of news stories – from science to politics to sport
- Writing experience and proven experience with social media and analytics
- The ability to write punchy headlines for social audiences
- The ability to investigate and identify stories and trending content using social media
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and a love of the internet
Preferred experience and skills:
- Experience using Excel, Chartbeat, Google Analytics and Omniture
- Experience of building audiences with social media and developing social media accounts
- Two years’ experience on a busy website
Apply by completing the application form below.