Ladbrokes, PR Executive
Purpose of the Job:
- Deliver Ladbrokes’s consumer PR work for the UK around football, sports and mainstream current affairs.
- Securing a highly competitive share of voice in the traditional, broadcast and – especially – the digital media to promote the brand and secure commercial benefits through expert written work, ideas generation and smart execution of plans.
- Providing all-round PR support to the Head of Department and Director of PR, as required.
- Working with external agencies and key internal stakeholders to deliver innovative, digital-led ideas to drive the Ladbrokes brand for key audiences
- Liaise closely with social media and news teams to provide PR support for their work.
- Deliver on the daily media opportunities for football, other sport and current affairs work, promotions and stories, ensuring all work elevates the department’s drive to be the most recognizable voice in the media.
- Improve overall results – measured monthly and quarterly – in football, sport and current affairs media space.
- Work alongside PR and marketing agencies, along with internal stakeholders, to design and deliver exciting, digital-led projects for key sporting and topical calendar events to elevate the Ladbrokes voice across all media
- Contribute fully to a vibrant team ethic of new ideas, cost-effective projects and be at the forefront of new ways of digital working across all sports PR
- Be a first-rate, high-level company spokesperson for all football media work, actively appearing on leading national and international channels and speaking knowledgeably and engagingly to various audiences, including social media and internal audiences
- Design the football PR programme for Ladbrokes with a strong digital-first theme, focusing on the key calendar opportunities
- Work on a media response to all football (and, as determined by line manager, sport, politics & current affairs media enquiries and opportunities both reactive and proactively sought).
- Support Line Manager with planning and management of the consumer PR budget for key focus areas, especially within football, from design-of-brief to agency-sourcing, execution and reporting of KPIs where necessary.
- Accessible to Director of PR for providing comprehensive advice and guidance on daily PR performance, initiatives and support
- Become recognized internally as a leading advocate of sponsorship opportunities in PR – notably across all football properties – and a deliverer of impactful campaigns to drive commercial benefits and brand strength.
- University degree (or equivalent)
- Evidence of commitment to Public Relations as a career
- Experience (work experience minimum) within press office environment
- Passion for Sport and the Betting Industry
Apply by completing the application form below.