MailOnline, Freelance Moderators
MailOnline is looking for experienced and talented Moderators to join the Communities team in our London-based office on a freelance basis.
- Moderating reader comments based on house rules and legal requirements
- Monitor user discussions and flag any issues with Senior Communities Editors
- Assist in community moderation on third party social media platforms
- Work with the social media team and assist Editors with coordination of and social interaction during live events
Requirements and qualifications
- 1-3 years’ experience of moderating for a and digital community boards
- Demonstrated ability to use social media to distribute content and engage with the audience
- Strong editing and writing skills
- Understanding of media law and editorial covenants such as the Independent Press Standards Organisation and UK Editors’ Code of Practice
- Prior journalistic experience desirable but not essential
- Availability to work day and night shifts covering both weekdays and weekends
Please send your CV and cover letter by completing the application form below.