Community Inspired, Editorial Assistant
Do you have excellent written and spoken English skills? Do you know your ‘their’ from your ‘there’? Looking to kickstart a career in magazine publishing?
Community Inspired is looking for an Editorial Assistant to work on the termly print titles – PTA+ Magazine and FundEd Magazine – and the supporting website.
This is an exciting and varied role, giving the right candidate the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in all aspects of magazine publishing.
Having good attention to detail, an excellent grasp of English grammar, and the ability to write fluently, accurately and quickly are vital. You will be organised and self-motivated with good time management and interpersonal skills. An understanding of the PTA, education or fundraising sectors would be useful, but is not essential.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in English, journalism or media studies and/or relevant experience. The role would suit a recent graduate or an experienced parent looking for flexibility from a family-friendly employer. School leavers with an A in A-level English or Media Studies would also be considered.
The role includes:
- Researching and compiling testimonials from readers
- Contributing to editorial decisions, for example suggesting feature ideas or relevant products, resources and competition prizes
- Writing and uploading copy and images to a website using a simple content management system (CMS)
- Monitoring and responding to social media threads (Facebook)
- Writing and amending features using InDesign page layout software
- Writing and editing subscriber emails using Dotmailer or Mailing Manager platforms
- Liaising with editorial and advertising staff
- Keeping spreadsheets and other records up-to-date
Career level required: Entry-level
Experience required: None
Education required: A-level English or undergraduate degree
Apply by completing the application form below.