Architectural Digest Middle East, Editor-in-Chief
APP is looking for an ambitious and talented Editor-in-Chief to manage and lead the editorial of the magazine, digital platforms and all brand extensions including events, working in collaboration with Marketing and Advertising and reporting to the Publishing Director.
The position is based in Dubai and the ideal candidate should have worked at least three to five years on an international interiors or luxury magazine as an editor or deputy editor.
A proven journalistic, commercial and strong team management track record is essential together with knowledge of digital publishing.
The ideal candidate must be flexible and have a can-do, positive attitude which shows they are respectful, responsible and dedicated, and by default demonstrate passion, brand understanding and leadership.
We are looking for someone who is dynamic, proactive, and tenacious and likes to work in a multicultural environment. An individual who is accountable, socially smart and extremely organised, someone who uses their own initiative and loves to communicate and is experienced digitally across social media, web and video.
- To be the Architectural Digest Brand Ambassador, Advocate and Spokesperson to both readers and the marketing and communications industry, taking ownership of Luxury Living in the Middle East
- To strategically lead and direct the editorial team on the creation and production of all editorial content; across the monthly magazine, digital & social platforms, content used at reader events and any other brand extensions
- To manage the flatplan of each issue of the main magazine, special editions and bespoke supplements
- To understand the luxury interiors and design consumer market and be able to lead the editorial team to connect and communicate with the affluent women reading the magazine and leading a fashionable life
- To take ownership of the cover story, shoot and interview for each issue, maintaining the international standards of the magazine with exclusive interviews and international celebrities
- To recognise regional talent and create a platform to celebrate and showcase these people and brands on an international level
- To write and edit accurate and engaging copy, displaying journalistic discipline and rigour which is aspired to by the team
- To ensure all content is exclusive, engaging and relevant to the reader
- To managing the budget to produce the magazine each issue
- To understand and work within the commercial realities of publishing in the Middle East
- To plan and edit content syndicated from Architectural Digest’s international network to ensure local relevancy
Arab Publishing Partners (APP) is a premium-only publisher and part of the ITP media Group based in Dubai Media City. APP’s magazine brands include Condé Nast Traveler, Architectural Digest, The Rake, Revolution, Stylist Arabia and Shortlist Middle East.
Architectural Digest Middle East launched in April 2015 and has become the most trusted authority on design, architecture and living. The magazine targets the premium sector of the market and showcases some of the region’s best examples of residential and commercial design.
APP is based in Dubai Media City and offers competitive tax-free salaries along with the chance to work in one of the world's most exciting destinations.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter by completing the application form below.