Evening Standard, Going Out Journalist - Freelancer
The Evening Standard website (standard.co.uk) is looking for talented freelance journalists with in-depth knowledge of London's food & drink, theatre, film, music and clubbing scene to join its features desk.
Candidates will have experience of writing and breaking stories for a digital audience, proven production skills and an awareness of SEO benefits.
Further requirements include:
- Keen interest in all subjects that are part of standard.co.uk/goingout
- Ability to generate and upload a high volume of stories to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work to a commercially led content strategy
- Experience in pitching, researching and writing clean, compelling and accurate copy.
- A track record in website publishing
- Top subbing skills and the ability to write quick and clever headlines and captions.
- Experience in contributing to and growing social media platforms.
- Good forward planning skills.
- Experience in photoshop and video editing
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
Applicants should have experience of working in a dynamic and fast-moving newsroom and be flexible to work within an all-day, seven-days-a-week environment on an on-going basis.
Candidates must be available from 1 October 2017.
Please send your CV, covering letter and three examples of your work, by completing the application form below.