AllianzGI, Communications Manager
AllianzGI is one of the world’s leading active investment managers. The position provides an opportunity to contribute to AllianzGI’s efforts to increase its brand recognition and reputation globally.
This role will help deliver the company’s ambitious media relations goals. With a natural flair for media relations, this person will handle day-to-day media relations with the top-tier national, international and broadcast media in London, as well as the specialist financial trade press.
The right candidate will have the agility to help deliver AllianzGI’s social media goals, and will relish engaging in media forward-planning activity.
Role & Responsibilities
- Builds close relationships with key journalists across national, international and broadcast media in London, as well as the specialist financial trade press.
- Acts as a responsive first point of contact for in-bound and out-bound, day-to-day press engagement
- Arranges and staffs media meetings, including seeking out broadcast opportunities from AllianzGI’s new TV studio in London
- Works closely with colleagues to develop content on key topics and package for use in different media channels
- Proactively identifies upcoming news hooks, helping craft snap ‘market commentary’ as well as longer-term thought-leadership opportunities
- Writes and oversees distribution of media announcements, as well as helping maintain targeted media distribution lists
- Supports delivery of events for the UK press
- Active in various social media channels, promoting engagement with third parties
- Writes and rewrites blogs, articles and commentary from portfolio managers and senior executives across AllianzGI, promoting their use in multiple international markets and across AllianzGI’s communication channels
- Supports the delivery of AllianzGI’s Internal Communications plans, as appropriate
Key relationships within Communications
- Global communications colleagues
- Collaborates with the Investment Insights team to plan, create and distribute investment content globally
- Cooperates closely with other regional communicators to take advantage of ‘multi-national’ media opportunities
- Works closely with colleagues to amplify social media content
Other key relationships outside Communications
- Senior spokespeople
- Portfolio managers, across Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-asset and Alternative Investments
- Colleagues in Sales & Marketing
- Allianz UK communicators’ group, to ensure alignment across the wider Allianz business in the UK
Experience / qualifications and skills
- A proven track record of effective media relations
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, able to communicate ideas in different formats and situations for different audiences
- Strong news sense, and interest in social media
- Knowledge of financial topics and interest in global current affairs
- Intercultural skills and an international outlook
- A second language would be helpful
Apply by completing the application form below.
About Allianz Global Investors
Allianz Global Investors is one of the world’s leading active investment managers, employing more than 2,700 people across 25 locations worldwide, managing over EUR 500 billion in assets for individuals, families and institutions around the world.