The Marine Professional, Industry Reporter
The Marine Professional is the monthly membership title of IMarEST – the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology.
With a world-wide and highly knowledgeable readership, TMP covers a broad range of technical subjects – from shipbuilding and global regulations to marine science and offshore energy.
And to help push the title forward into an exciting new era, we’re looking to recruit an ambitious, talented and digital-savvy Industry Reporter to join us at our offices in Chelsea Harbour, London. This location is only one stop from Clapham Junction.
The ideal candidate will have proven skills at news gathering, and be comfortable interviewing senior industry figures and writing about diverse technical subjects.
The Industry Reporter will also attend conferences and events on a regular basis – involving some national and international travel to some incredible locations – in order to source breaking stories and create must-read feature articles.
They will work across multiple publishing platforms including the print magazine, special supplements, weekly digital newsletter, IMarEST website and social media.
We are a small team of two, so being a well-organised self-starter is essential. It also means that your good ideas will never sit in a corporate bottleneck.
- At least 18 months’ solid B2B journalism experience – ideally with a marine or naval architecture background
- Strong news and feature writing skills
- Working knowledge of CMS systems and HTML
- InDesign experience
- Able to turn technical information into clear, concise, informative copy
- Able to create and nurture industry contacts
- Able to write compelling copy to tight deadlines
- Keen eye for detail and able to proof-read under pressure
- Willingness to pitch in and take part in a varied work flow
- Creating and sending out a weekly newsletter and editorial announcements using Adestra marketing campaign software
- Maintain social media channels, including Twitter and Facebook
- Website management and curation
- Helping manage a pool of trusted international contributors
- Liaising with TMP’s outsourced production and design team
Caspian is an established yet innovative B2B content creator and multi award-winning events business. Besides creating content for our own market leading brands – Real Business, Real Deals and Business Advice, we love creating content for our clients who represent a diverse range of industries to include engineering, law, finance, education, international electronics and more.
People and benefits
The right candidate would understand and share our core Company values which includes: agility, creativity and customer focus. Our staff enjoy the following perks:
- 25 days’ leave per calendar year
- 3 additional days during the Xmas period when we close the office (we won’t take these from your annual entitlement)
- Your birthday off for free
- Access to childcare voucher scheme
- Access to bike loan scheme (up to £1000)
- Auto-enrolment salary sacrifice pension
- We leave at 5pm on Fridays
- Life Assurance upon completed probation
- Subscription to Perkbox for tons of discounts and freebies – retail, fashion, health & wellbeing
- Fresh fruit daily
- Caspian catch-ups with the CEO every last Friday of the month
- Regular get-togethers including inter-team mingling
To see The Marine Professional, go to: imarest.org/themarineprofessional.
To apply for this role, please complete the application form below to submit a cover letter and CV to TMP’s Editor Dennis O'Neill, clearly stating your salary expectation.
Due to the expected volume of applications, we’ll next communicate only to those we invite to interview.