Good Housekeeping, Red & Prima, Features Assistant - Lifestyle
The Lifestyle Features desk serves the brands Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima and covers features, celebrity, books, travel, health and consumer.
- This role supports Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima and reports into the Features Editor of each magazine
- Researches, interviews and writes a large amount of content for Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima
- Supports the PAs of Chief Brand Officer, Group Editorial Director and Executive Editors.
- First contact for readers and editorial enquiries
- Writes the majority of advertising promotions for Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima
- Supports the Health Director and writes health features, as required
- Processes invoices
- Manages offers and editorial for the GH Subscription Club
- Source and edit an original reader short story for Prima every month.
Producing editorial content
- Contribute feature and visual ideas
- Source, interview and write copy as requested
- Contribute as required to the digital offering
- To adhere to production schedules throughout the production cycle.
Providing editorial support
- Obtain background material and carry out research as required
- To read and monitor competitive magazines and other activities within the media to keep abreast of new ideas and trends, and to be aware of the competitive set and developments within your area
- Writing copy for other departments, including advertising promotions for Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima.
Providing admin support
- Process all relevant invoices and commissioning forms, and keep a record of these for future purposes
- Renewing regular contributor contracts
- Answer phone, letter and email enquiries (including subscription queries and back issue queries)
- Open and sort mail and forward to freelancers where appropriate
- File daily newspapers and magazines
- Ensure the phones are covered between 9.30am and 5.30pm
- Send copies of each magazine to freelance contributors.
Representing the department
- To forge and maintain links with PRs, advertisers and outside organisations, promoting Good Housekeeping, Red and Prima and clarifying the editorial stance of all three
- To represent the brands outside the office, where appropriate, and attending relevant events
- To help at/attend reader events when required. These may be evening events.
- Organised and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude and a love of magazines
- Relevant work experience/previous employment
- Journalism qualification preferable.
Apply by clicking 'Apply' now.