MailOnline, Digital eSports Journalist
MailOnline is looking for talented eSports journalists to join its digital sports team on a casual basis.
MailOnline is the world's biggest English-language newspaper website with more than 240 million monthly unique visitors.
The office-based role will involve managing the eSports section of MailOnline, writing and editing news stories, reviews, features and interviews, plus some basic video work.
You will need a background in digital journalism as well as expert eSports knowledge to excel in this role.
Successful candidates will be excited by the potential of this emerging industry and consider areas such as SEO and social media key ingredients of any successful digital operation.
Above all, applicants must be able to deliver high quality and error-free, engaging stories to often tight deadlines.
- To be adept at writing and editing stories for a digital audience
- A knowledge of the most popular types of eSports content
- Experience of using content management systems and image libraries
- The ability to generate a constant stream of new story ideas from the latest eSports events
- A determination to stay abreast of all the big talking points in eSports
- Good communication skills
- An appreciation of the best images and videos to help tell the story
- The ability to use social media for both story ideas and as a way of generating traffic
- To live within easy access of our offices in central London and be flexible around working patterns
- To be NCTJ qualified
Apply by completing the application form below.