CDR Magazine, Staff Writer
Global Legal Group is looking for a full-time staff writer to expand its growing media offering.
Launched in 2009, CDR News is the leading dispute resolution magazine in print and online. A unique resource for in-house counsel and dispute resolution specialists, CDR News provides incisive analysis of the latest trends including in competition, financial, construction, class action and IP litigation, white-collar crime, third-party funding, arbitration and other forms of commercial ADR.
We publish a quarterly printed magazine, daily news and features online and a weekly newsletter for in-house counsel and private practitioners in major law firms, and hold a number of conference and roundtable events throughout the year.
Additionally, we host a series of successful legal events throughout the year, covering hot topics in dispute resolution. These one-day London-based symposia facilitate the sharing of best practice by leading experts from a broad spectrum of industries, sectors and jurisdictions.
We are looking for a self-motivated journalist who will support our editorial team which comprises an editor-in-chief, editor and senior reporter. The successful candidate will be responsible for writing news briefs, sub-editing, proofreading, online content management, as well as regular features and profiles for the magazine.
They will be expected to act as an ambassador for the publication through building high-level industry contacts, and will assist with the management and administration of in-house events, attend client events and engage with social media.
The staff writer will report directly to the editor of CDR.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Writing and uploading news stories: covering people moves, important legal decisions, summarising reports and surveys, profiles and news in brief.
- Writing and uploading occasional topical features.
- Attending and reporting on affiliated events and conferences.
- Assisting with sub-editing articles from the team and other external contributors.
- Assisting with event management and speaker acquisition for CDR events such as conferences and roundtables, as well as administration.
- Participating in editorial meetings and helping shape the editorial direction of the publication.
- Supporting CDR’s social media channels (initially LinkedIn and Twitter) to stimulate debate and participation.
- At least two years’ experience as a reporter or staff writer on a legal or business publication.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the international legal market and legal topics.
- Strong news sense and commitment to high editorial standards, including to house style.
- Good organisational skills, especially when under deadline pressure.
- A dedicated work ethic.
- Only applicants legally entitled to work in the United Kingdom will be considered.
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter and two examples of published articles to Angela Bilbow, Editor CDR News, by completing the application form below.