Reuters Connect, Product Specialist - Content Discovery
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage.
Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster.
We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Reuters Connect is the world’s biggest b-to-b content portal, with over 5 million visual assets – mostly photos and videos - available for instant download by our global customer base of news professionals.
We are looking for a commercially focused, imaginative and dynamic person with a passion for news to help our customers make sense of all that content.
Your background isn’t so important: it might be in photo sales, video archives, journalism or marketing. You could be a Youtuber with a passion for current affairs or a product manager with editorial flair.
What is important is the ability to bring visual content to life, make connections, understand our customers and how to enthuse them with the potential of our compelling video and picture collections, which span three centuries. You will mine our deep archives to create packages of content about upcoming events, or spot and exploit synergies in current stories.
You’ll be working with planning editors and business leaders to ensure our customers’ needs are met and the commercial potential of our content is optimized.
This will often involve surfacing and promoting archive content for newsmaker profiles or upcoming anniversaries, so knowledge of current affairs and recent history is an advantage, as is a broad world view to ensure our global customer base is served.
As well as surfacing content from Reuters, we have an increasing number of partners and it’s important to us that their content is easily discoverable too. You’ll therefore be expected to create relationships with our partners to ensure their content is highlighted and represented in order to drive usage and hence revenue.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- The creation of compelling market-focused content topics, including the selection and tagging of content to ensure it’s easily discoverable.
- Promotion of Reuters and partners content to ensure it is attractive to customers and commercial opportunities maximized.
- Find, group, organize and promote the best, most relevant content on Reuters Connect.
- Utilization of content management technologies to ensure that commercial opportunities are maximized.
- Responsible for daily operations of ingesting, curating, updating, deleting and archiving digital and physical (record only) assets into the DAM system
- Engage and align with global internal and external stakeholders including content partners, editorial, marketing and others as required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Creative thinker who likes to make connections, find patterns and use their imagination in order to get our content noticed
- Passion for news and/or archives and knowledge of – or desire to learn about - recent history
- Ability to anticipate client needs based on global news schedule
- Deep understanding of social, to help inform our content choices
- Results-driven with proven ability to juggle projects and work to tight deadlines
- Team player who knows when to leave their ego at the door.
- Ability to work well within a global, matrix environment: demonstrating skills in influencing, negotiating and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Visual research and content curation.
- Understanding of content acquisition within a digital News Media organization.
- Understanding of content management workflows and cross asset discovery obstacles.
Click 'Apply' now.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences.
With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law.
Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.