Digital Health, News Reporter
Digital Health (digitalhealth.net) is the leading B2B industry news, research and events specialist focused on the fast evolving field of health IT and digital health, together with cyber security in the public sector.
We provide a combination of original independent news and analysis, market research, and leadership events that cover this fast evolving intersection of information technology, health and business.
In addition to news, Digital Health hosts the key leadership events and community in UK health IT. Our sister Intelligence business, meanwhile, provides the most accurate data on market trends and use of digital technologies across the NHS.
Digital Health is seeking an experienced news reporter, with a background in information technology or healthcare reporting, to join our small editorial team and provide compelling news and features about the field of digital health.
The successful candidate will be expected to file a combination of original off-diary and independent industry online news, features and interviews for a knowledgeable professional audience.
This is an ideal opportunity for a journalist of proven ability and drive, with experience of covering IT or healthcare, seeking to further build their career and expertise in an exciting sector that draws on many fields. You should have a passion for online news and crafting compelling, jargon-free copy.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Report and write daily news for digitalhealth.net.
- Produce accurate, well-researched copy in-house style that is optimised for SEO
- Build strong contact book and personal network
- Develop a strong knowledge of health and IT sectors
- Work closely with team members and support the editorial, research, events and sales staff on their projects.
- Represent Digital Health at press conferences and industry events, both during and outside normal working hours.
- Travel when necessary to conduct interviews and attend conferences
- Be punctual, organised and professional.
- Adhere to the highest standards of journalistic ethics and integrity.
Skills and qualifications:
- Recognised journalism qualification
- Proven online journalism experience required producing daily news, ideally gained on a trade news publication
- Nose for a good story and desire to be first to report it
- Enthusiasm for the subject matter and those working within it.
- Excellent communication skills written.
- Fluent written and spoken English is imperative.
- A high level of organisation, time management and attention to detail.
- Flexibility: ability to adapt to change
- Tenacity and natural problem solver
- Team player
- Experience with CMS (WordPress)
- Use of Twitter, LinekdIn, Facebook to drive traffic
- Google Analytics
Salary and benefits:
- C. £30-£33,000 per annum (DoE)
- 25-days annual leave
- Group personal pension plan
- To the editor, Jon Hoeksma
Apply by completing the application form below.