The Sun, Social Media Manager - Fabulous
We're seeking a Social Media Manager to join the social media team at Britain's most popular paper, The Sun, focusing on our Fabulous brand and content.
The team work seven days a week to share Fabulous' stories and video in fun, creative, insightful and engaging ways. The team will work directly with all editorial desks as well as digital, video, picture, design, commercial and marketing teams.
We're looking for highly motivated, imaginative, resourceful individuals, with a strong working knowledge of social media platforms. You will need to be able to produce sharply-written, engaging, clickable posts - all promoting the Sun's Fabulous content, encouraging debate and helping create a Fabulous community across social networks.
- Play a key role in the ongoing development and execution of Fabulous's social media strategy
- Lead The Sun's adoption of emerging social platforms and tools, and take responsibility for the growth of Fabulous's social channels
- Work directly with editorial, digital, video, picture, design, commercial and marketing teams, ensuring their respective demands are met
- Ensure the newsroom has sufficient insight to produce internet-friendly stories, and take responsibility for their subsequent distribution on social media channels
- Edit and maintain The Sun's Fabulous social media channels to a high standard
- Focus on targets and be clear of what is required in order to meet them
- Work flexibly, including evening and weekend shifts
If you want to work for one of Britain's largest media companies then don't delay, apply now by completing the application form below! Please send your CV (including your social handles) and a cover letter.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart.
Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week.
They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.