Cruise Trade News & Cruise Destinations, Features Editor
Real Response Media is looking for a talented Features Editor for monthly title Cruise Trade News and its quarterly supplement Cruise Destinations.
This is a rare opportunity to join a small, independent publishing company at an important stage in its development.
Since launching four years ago, Real Response Media has become the industry voice for cruise, one of travel’s fastest growing markets, across its two trade titles, consumer title World of Cruising and the prestigious Wave Awards.
The ideal candidate will be pro-active, ambitious, energetic, have an understanding of trade media, and bursting with ideas for both print and digital. He/she will have experience in an editorial or publishing role working for an industry or business magazine/publication.
- Working alongside the editor, the features editor will help set the news and features agendas for Cruise Trade News (monthly) and Cruise Destinations (quarterly).
- Helping to ensure that the magazine is leading the cruise news agenda and is not being scooped by the competition. This will demand significant news gathering skills.
- Writing, editing and proofing for both titles, online and other editorial projects.
- Uploading regular, exclusive and breaking digital content.
- Immersing themselves in the market by attending functions/events and meetings, as well as possible overseas trips when deemed appropriate by the editor.
- Communicating with trade readers via regular posts on social media.
- Contributing to additional projects, including a website relaunch and a portfolio of supplements and events, that build and support the brand.
Experience / skills required:
- Excellent journalism skills, in research, writing and editing.
- You will be a conscientious writer/editor with a ferocious eye for detail. Your copy should be accurate, grammatically correct, well structured and adhere to the correct tone of voice, ensuring it is “sold” to the reader in the most appropriate way.
- Ability to rework copy for publication online and in print, quickly and efficiently.
- Experience of working in digital channels, including use of content management systems, especially WordPress.
- A personable, can-do manner, with strong communication and organisational skills.
- A self-motivated, proactive team player.
- A broad understanding of the commercial aspects of B2B media.
- Experience working with InDesign.
- Experience of the cruise industry
- Reporting experience on a trade or business publication
- Portfolio of news and features stories
Please apply with a CV, covering letter, salary expectations and two relevant examples of your work, to Rebecca Barnes by completing the application form below.
Apply for Cruise Trade News & Cruise Destinations, Features Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly