LaingBuisson, Staff Reporter
Talented staff reporter needed to hit the ground running on two hectic B2B news magazines covering the private healthcare and social care markets.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic journalist who has cut their teeth in a news environment to hone their skills in a respected organisation. A highly motivated self-starter, you will be able to work unsupervised and be adept at juggling the demands of a small team.
First-class writing skills will be as vital as the ability to organise and prioritise your duties, which will include daily uploads to the website as well as contributions to the printed publication.
The post would suit someone who has experience of working in a busy newsroom on the local or regional press. Experience of writing for both online and print publications is essential, experience in business/financial journalism desirable as is some knowledge of the health and social care sectors.
A friendly atmosphere, contributory pension scheme, potential to work flexibly and the opportunity to contribute your ideas to a growing and dynamic organisation await the right individual.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Writing breaking news items for the website
- Writing the ‘News’ sections of the news magazines
- Compiling and writing the ‘InPost’ (i.e. job moves) for the news magazines
- Monitoring and searching news sources, identifying and researching news stories
- Interviewing industry professionals
- Attending sector events
- Uploading news items to the website
- Curating the news magazines’ webpages to ensure they are kept up-to-date
- Some previous experience of journalism
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to produce crisp, accurate copy in a very tight timeframe
- Experience in writing for both online and print publications
- Experience of using content management systems (CMS)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and desktop publishing (InDesign desirable)
- Self-starting, with the ability to work on own initiative with a minimum of supervision
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise the competing demands of a busy newsroom
- Experience of business/finance journalism
- Knowledge of the health and social care sectors
Apply by completing the application form below.