Reporter - White House, MLex - DC
MLex is looking for a reporter to cover the White House for a new publication: White House Watch.
The White House reporter must be a newsroom leader who helps guide MLex coverage of the Trump administration.
The reporter must:
- Have or establish a reputation as a key player in legal and regulatory news and a reliable source of exclusive information.
- Identify travel priorities and work with the managing editor to see to it that limited resources are deployed to greatest effect.
- Set coverage priorities, identifying key issues and covering those issues with minimal supervision.
- Provide creative analysis of events, illuminating context and big-picture trends.
- Provide commentary that relies on exclusive sourcing or insight.
- Discuss legal strategies in the context of precedent and politics.
- Offer predictive insight into regulatory risk.
- Assist researchers to ensure that case files are properly maintained.
- Collaborate with other reporters to share expertise.
- MLex reporters typically have advanced degrees in journalism or law, or comparable experience. Ten years of journalism experience, including coverage of the White House, is preferred.
Please send resumes to Tony Cooke, Managing Editor, MLex North America, by completing the application form below.
The coverage of MLex, a LexisNexis company, spans the world’s foremost regulators in the United States, Europe, Asia and Latin America.