S&P Global Market Intelligence, Senior Reporter - Banks and Financial Services
3 days left
- Full Time
S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking a London-based Senior Reporter for its growing digital news team covering banking, insurance and other financial institutions in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
In this role you will use your deep understanding of banks and the financial markets to produce several insightful news and analysis stories a week.
You will be pivotal in shaping our daily coverage and tell stories using the full range of our formats, from breaking news to feature-length reportage, bolstered by in-house data sources. You will also use your leadership skills and deep sector knowledge to coach and mentor other team members.
Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership, including investment bankers, credit risk analysts, buy- and sell-side teams, and regulators. The news we provide is a pivotal part of S&P Global Market Intelligence's highly valued product offering.
This is a senior reporting role that comes with a highly attractive remuneration package. As part of our growing newsroom, staff have the opportunity to move up into editorial leadership roles within S&P Global Market Intelligence and across the entire S&P Global group. Our extensive database of market, regulatory and corporate data offers ample opportunities to enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news.
Our hiring manager says:
“We are looking for a driven, senior business reporter who is passionate about generating lively, authoritative copy for a discerning audience.”
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience and a strong track record reporting on the financial services and banking sector.
- A deep knowledge of European banks/financial services and of the region’s financial regulatory framework.
- An impressive set of contacts among banking analysts and industry commentators in Europe, as well as key figures in the financial services sector and among regulators and central banks.
- An ability to set our short, medium and long-term news coverage agenda in conjunction with other reporters and your editors, to daily and weekly deadlines
- A passion for telling data driven stories and a commitment to work with in-house and external market intelligence data and graphics to enhance our coverage, requiring collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience mentoring and coaching other reporters
- Fluency in English necessary. Knowledge of at least one other major European language is highly desirable
Click 'Apply' now.
*Candidates will need to provide samples of recently published work and pass an in-house writing test prior to interviews with the team