Metropolitan, Editorial Assistant
This is a rare opportunity to join the editorial team on Metropolitan magazine, the onboard title for Eurostar read by over 800,000 passengers per month.
Based in Cedar's offices on the Strand, London, the editorial focus is on design, food, culture, fashion, travel and more.
Would suit a versatile, enthusiastic and conscientious post-graduate candidate with a good eye for detail and relevant magazine, newspaper or online experience who wants to branch out into the world of editorial.
- Organising, managing and budgeting the logistics of trips and itineraries for writers and photographers.
- Writing short pieces and boxouts for Metropolitan, and Eurostar.com when required, as well as offeringeditorial support for the senior editorial team, considering Eurostar’s multi-channel approach.
- Researching, fact checking and suggesting ideas relevant to English, French and Dutch audience.
- Liaising with PRs, contributors and the commercial team to produce the magazine.
- Assist in ensuring content is successfully executed across digital, social and print channels.
- Updating content calendars to reflect client business priorities, seasonal events and channel requirements.
- Assisting with adhoc requirements related to the Eurostar portfolio such as video transcripts.
- Keep on top of Eurostar and other travel news.
- Attend weekly team meetings to ensure up to date with all projects and opportunities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Fluent in French and English
- Travel journalism experience desirable
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience of working with brands
- Team player with enthusiasm and a can-do attitude
- Highly developed communication, literacy and presentation skills
- Ability to operate with speed, flexibility and creativity
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with problems quickly and effectively
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Metropolitan, Editorial Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly