Show Media, Sub-Editor
Show Media is looking for an experienced and pro-active Sub-Editor with a keen eye for detail to join our busy and friendly team.
Show Media is an exciting and innovative creative agency working on our own print titles as well as client-led print and digital projects.
We need a sub-editor who can work across a number of multimedia projects, adapting tone according to each title, while maintaining high standards of grammar, spelling, punctuation and consistency within a story.
The ideal candidate will be pro-active with a thorough understanding of the English language and a keen eye for detail.
Having worked for a creative agency or reputable magazine before, the sub-editor will have experience working with InDesign and CMS as well as writing sparkling heads, sells and captions. There is also an opportunity to contribute features ideas across a number of diverse titles.
- Subbing articles and blogs, paying particular attention to fact-checking, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Maintaining the correct tone of voice for the publication at hand as well as ensuring stylistic consistency throughout
- Creating clever headlines, sells and captions
- Flagging up any inconsistencies with writers and raising any queries in the copy
- Previous experience working at a creative agency or reputable title
- A keen eye for detail and high standards of accuracy
- The ability to research and fact-check a broad range of subjects
- A knowledge of media law
- Experience working with InDesign and CMS
Closing date: Friday 10 November
Please attach your CV and explain in no more than 250 words why you would be perfect for the role using the application form below.