Show Media, Sub-Editor
Show Media is looking for an experienced and pro-active Sub-Editor with a keen eye for detail to join our busy and friendly team.
Show Media is an exciting and innovative creative agency working on our own print titles as well as client-led print and digital projects.
We need a sub-editor who can work across a number of multimedia projects, adapting tone according to each title, while maintaining high standards of grammar, spelling, punctuation and consistency within a story.
The ideal candidate will be pro-active with a thorough understanding of the English language and a keen eye for detail.
Having worked for a creative agency or reputable magazine before, the sub-editor will have experience working with InDesign and CMS as well as writing sparkling heads, sells and captions. There is also an opportunity to contribute features ideas across a number of diverse titles.
- Subbing articles and blogs, paying particular attention to fact-checking, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Maintaining the correct tone of voice for the publication at hand as well as ensuring stylistic consistency throughout
- Creating clever headlines, sells and captions
- Flagging up any inconsistencies with writers and raising any queries in the copy
- Previous experience working at a creative agency or reputable title
- A keen eye for detail and high standards of accuracy
- The ability to research and fact-check a broad range of subjects
- A knowledge of media law
- Experience working with InDesign and CMS
Closing date: Friday 10 November
Please attach your CV and explain in no more than 250 words why you would be perfect for the role using the application form below.
Apply for Show Media, Sub-Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly