The Independent, Science Correspondent
The Independent is looking for a Science Correspondent to deliver hard-hitting exclusives and quick turnaround breaking stories.
- At least two years’ experience working for a newspaper or news-led website
- A proven track record of bringing in the kind of exclusive stories that will get the Independent noticed
- Experience of writing under intense deadline pressure in a breaking news environment
- Ability to run their own patch and develop contacts
- An interest in social media as platform for serious journalism and a way to reach new audiences
- Experience and / or enthusiasm for capturing video content while reporting
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
About The Independent
Created in 1986 by Andreas Whittam & co. with a reputation for innovation and quality, today the Independent is a leading digital newspaper through its website and social media.
Read The Independent at: http://www.independent.co.uk