i2media, Chief Sub-Editor
- Central London
- Competitive, dependent on experience
- i2media group
i2media is on the lookout for a fast and accurate, multi-faceted super sub who is not afraid to tackle the swiftly-evolving world of health, fitness, food and mixed martial arts.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in the supply of flawless, multi-platform content across all aspects of i2media’s rapidly expanding portfolio of printed and digital undertakings.
You will be comfortable stepping in for the Production Manager in their absence, ensuring magazine pages are supplied to the printers in both the US and UK on time, and ensuring that client-related projects are delivered to the highest editorial standards, perfectly on-brief.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
- Swiftly and accurately edit magazine copy from a raw state, through designed pages, to prepping for sending to the printers
- Write informative, engaging copy, subject lines and captions, and be aware of commercial opportunities at all times
- Communicate with clients to ensure deliverables are met in relation to advertorials or product placements
- Ensure brand voice is consistent, working closely with multiple editors to achieve this
- Ensure accuracy across websites, newsletters and commercial messages (homepage, landing pages, weekly emails, copywriting, affiliate emails, banners, marketing projects, site copy)
EMAIL NEWSLETTERS/ MARKETING
- Assist editors in coordinating briefs and liaising with design; subbing copy and cutting to fit; suggesting subject lines, coordinating approvals; taking in amends; checking html and text proofs
OTHER PRINTED MATERIALS
- Sub-editing all copy for pitching and marketing materials, sales communications or client services
- Contribute to commercial projects, such as client rebranding, focus groups and advertorial creation
- Manage client relationships, ensuring briefs are hit and projects are signed off with the minimum of fuss
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record at chief sub-editor level on a quality fitness or lifestyle magazine/publication and/or high-traffic digital content brand
- Understanding of audience, internationalisation and client brand messages
- Ability to alter output and tone of voice accordingly
- Excellent knowledge of current fitness, nutrition and wellbeing trends. If you also know your kimuras from your anaconda chokes, even better
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects and remain calm under pressure
- Agile ability to manage an ever-changing workload effectively to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- A flawless eye for detail
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop and web Content Management Systems
About i2media group
i2media group is a leading creator of health, fitness and wellbeing content designed to encourage healthy living. Our print and digital brands include TRAIN, TRAIN for HER, Fighters Only, MACROS and 3XSport. i2media group also produces the Fighters Only World MMA Awards on Fox Sports.
How to apply
Please email your CV and covering letter including salary expectations by completing the application form below. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those invited for interview will be contacted
We do not accept CVs from recruitment agencies. Sorry!
Apply for i2media, Chief Sub-Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly