The Pool, Senior Writer
The Senior Writer will write (and occasionally commission) quick turnaround news stories and longer feature/news/opinion pieces that are relevant to The Pool user.
She or he will be particularly responsible for the news stories published on The Pool and will answer directly to the Head of News and Content.
This is not an entry-level position and the senior writer will be expected to come to The Pool with contacts, expertise and at least four years’ experience at national websites/newspapers/magazines.
- passionate about news, politics, arts and culture, women's health, women's workplaces, women's lives and The Pool
- fully cognisant of the online media landscape and where The Pool sits within that
- a journalist with at least four years’ experience in the industry
- a talented writer who can understands The Pool tone and audience
- writing news stories, opinion pieces and features
- scouring the internet, the papers, events and the real word looking for stories and women that will be relevant to Pool users
- building emails and newsletters
- occasionally commissioning content
- experiencing of writing and commissioning for major websites/news outlets
- the ability to write accurate, clean, intelligent copy quickly
- NQJ or equivalent qualification
- sub-editing skills / experience
- audio / video experience
- Photoshop skills
- media law knowledge
To apply, please send CV and cover letter by completing the application form below.