Golf World, Deputy Editor
Europe’s most authoritative golf magazine is looking for a deputy editor.
Starting 8 January, 2018.
What is the job?
We have an exciting opportunity to join the team of one of Europe’s most respected golf magazines. We’re looking for a talented and experienced deputy editor to help make us even more successful.
You’ll be working closely with the editor, art editor and a team of freelance writers and photographers to create the type of exciting content that has seen Golf World become one of Bauer Media’s most widely-read and heavily syndicated titles.
We have big plans for the magazine for 2018 in print and digital. You’ll play a key role in managing and nurturing those ideas, and bringing them to fruition.
The position will ideally be full-time, but a more flexible work schedule may be possible for the right person. The role is based at our Media House, Peterborough offices.
- Manage the day-to-day workflow of the magazine and liaise with the editor and art editor to ensure every piece of content published hits our expected high standards.
- Manage the pipeline of content, keeping a keen eye on both current and future issues. Maintain and nurture a huge melting pot of exciting and imaginative feature ideas.
- Forge strong working relationships with our team of contributing writers and photographers to ensure that briefs are set and deadlines are met.
- Stay up-to-date with what’s going on in the ever-changing professional game and across the other key editorial categories – courses/travel, equipment, instruction and grass roots golf.
- Engage with Golf World readers in print and on social media.
What we want from you
- You’ll absolutely eat, sleep, breathe and drink magazines as well as have a keen and experienced eye for top quality magazine craft.
- You’ll revel in concepting, creating and delivering exciting content within the magazine and across our social media channels.
- You’ll have an intense attention to detail that ensures ideas get executed brilliantly and flawlessly.
- You’ll be incredibly organised and have the ability to forward plan/manage workflow.
- You’ll be a talented copy editor with a strong instinct for how to improve, present and package copy.
- Ideally, you’ll be a successful deputy editor who will be excited by the opportunity of playing some great golf courses and attending some of the world’s best tournaments, or a talented features editor or managing editor with extensive all-round editorial experience looking to move to the next level.
- Having said that, while a deep golf knowledge is desirable, we’re more interested in your magazine craft and organisational skills than your ability to hit a great drive!
How to apply
Email your current CV with a covering letter to the Golf World editor, Nick Wright, by completing the application form below. Please also include an outline of two feature ideas you believe will be relevant to our audience.
Closing date for applications: 5 November, 2017.
Apply for Golf World, Deputy Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly