Aviation Business, Editor
We are searching for an experienced editor to take over the reins of its industry leading B2B title, Aviation Business.
The magazine has been writing in-depth news reports, case studies and features, offering industry insight and vital market information to its audience of key aviation decision makers for the last 15 years.
The editor is the hands-on project manager for his or her individual publication. S/he must ensure that the product is written to a high standard, is well-designed and is produced on time.
The editor must excel at project management, have outstanding writing and subbing skills and be passionate about creating innovative content that involves the readers and builds communities around the Aviation Business brand.
The editor must understand his/her reader’s business needs and challenges, and address these issues in the publication. The editor must be constantly thinking about how to improve the magazine’s content and its commercial performance.
The editor must also be visible in the market and must be a strong ambassador for the brand. Internally, the editor must forge strong and productive relationships with sales managers, designers, photographers and production colleagues.
- Plan content for each issue, ensuring the features list is adhered to
- Plan each cover, plus a backup option, and set-piece features with your designer
- Brief the design team on each issue and offer ideas on presentation
- Manage the flatplan
- Source high-quality pictures, using ITP photographers wherever possible
- Manage the proofing of designed pages in InDesign
- Ensure the accuracy of all facts, figures and names
- Manage and develop the skillsets of a staff writer
- Understand and respond to the cultural context in which we operate
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with your sales manager
- Create content that is valuable to readers and offers commercial opportunities
- Be the face of your brand in the market – meet, greet and network, especially with leading industry figures
- Take ownership of, lead and manage the brand's awards programme and other brand extensions.
- Set an example with your enthusiasm, personal conduct problem solving.
Qualifications & Experience
The candidate should have a degree-level education from a reputable university, appropriate journalism qualifications are also desirable. A minimum of five years’ experience working in a reporter/staff-writer/desk-head role is required.
The candidate should also be able to demonstrate how they have successfully worked as part of a team and developed their skills on the job.
The Editor must have at least three years’ experience on a B2B title, have a strong understanding of the aviation industry, possess an enthusiastic and outgoing attitude, and enjoy a challenge. Experience on a similar business title would be beneficial.
The role is permanent, full-time and based in the tax-free coastal city of Dubai.
Click 'Apply' to submit your CV and a sample of your work.