Healthcare Editor, Industry Dive - DC
The Healthcare Editor will regularly edit and write stories that lead our coverage of the healthcare industry, from breaking news briefs to in-depth original stories that analyze the trends impacting hospitals, health insurance companies, and patients.
You will assign stories, plan big projects, monitor your beat, cultivate relationships with stakeholders, hunt down important stories, and collaborate with your team. This position reports to the managing editor.
General requirements for this position:
- Proven writing, reporting and editing skills
- Ability to interpret and analyze business concepts, industry trends, and major news stories
- Ability to build relationships with important sources and report on complex subjects
- Strong digital news knowledge
- Deadline-oriented time management skills; ability to turn around stories on tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree or better in journalism, English or similar field
- At least 2-5 years’ experience writing, reporting and/or editing in the healthcare field
Apply by completing the application form below.