Construction News, Content Editor
Construction News is a multiple award-winning, digital-first title with a weekly print magazine. We publish breaking news, analysis and evening briefings online daily. CN focuses on the biggest UK infrastructure and property developments and the companies who build them.
The Content Editor will report directly to the editor and lead a team of five. You will be responsible for shaping and directing CN’s reporting and investigations into the construction industry, leading a team including a news editor, features editor and reporters. The role will include working closely with the editor on CN’s long-term strategy and events.
- Lead a team including news editor, features editor and reporters who research and write award-winning and sector-leading news and analysis.
- Researching and writing outstanding news and analysis; editing copy; line managing; and working on online and print design.
- Build a contacts book of chief executives, politicians and leaders. Become an expert on the work that goes into creating some of the UK’s most prestigious construction projects.
- Working on events, such as the two-day CN Summit, our awards and bespoke events including round tables.
- Representing CN at UK and international events as well as broadcast media requests for expert comment.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in B2B publishing preferable and demonstrable evidence of successfully leading content teams.
- Experience of subbing, writing outstanding content and line management.
- Proven ability to secure industry-leading exclusives and make outstanding contacts in your field.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, the construction and property industries would be beneficial, but is not a must. Experience of reporting on / analysing business sector a must.
- Desire to work on and lead strategy, from subscription content, digital and print strategy and investigations to CN’s short to long-term evolution.
CN has a close-knit team, who work together to produce the best content and events in our industry.
You will need to demonstrate leadership qualities, outstanding contact-building skills and an insatiable appetite to help CN continue to grow as the market’s leading title.
You will be diligent, organised and full of ideas, from helping junior members of the team to bringing in potential commercial / editorial partnerships.
Apply by completing the application form below.