Estates Gazette, Events Producer / Editor
EG is looking for a multi-talented events producer / editor to help drive our fast-growing events business.
As a brand at the heart of one of the world’s most cutting-edge and important industries we are looking for someone who will ensure our events continue to be most sought out in the calendar.
As well as delivering the best speakers and topics, the postholder will also be expected to shape our coverage through words, audio, video, data and pictures.
Through our events, our range of multi-media channels and weekly magazine, EG covers every aspect of the property industry from the sales of iconic buildings such as the Cheesegrater; the impact of Brexit; the fate of retailers such as BHS; through to the housing crisis. Our events programme needs to reflect these diverse information needs.
As a result we need a highly organised, content-led producer who works well in multi-disciplinary teams.
An understanding of what makes a great event is a must, as is experience of delivering commercially successful events which engage diverse audiences.
An appreciation of how to utilise a range of media assets to promote and cover events would also be desirable. There will be an expectation to travel, in the UK and abroad.
Responsibilities and expectations
- Oversee EG’s free events programme including Question Times debates; panels at external conferences; round tables; and our global events/investor tours
- Meet regularly with industry contacts and keep abreast of other events and industry trends, and seek partnerships where they contribute to EG’s ambitions
- Help secure iconic venues and deliver speakers and event content to deadline
- Work as part of a growing events team, supporting their work on EG conferences and awards
- Liaise regularly with commercial, marketing and operations teams and meet regularly with senior stakeholders to set strategy, timetable and pipeline for all events
- Agree events and events coverage with senior stakeholders and actively seek opportunities to showcase EG’s own research in print, online and through social media
- Co-ordinate editorial-led events promotion online with digital team
- Co-ordinate online/magazine coverage of events with editors and with production
- Contribute to EG videos and podcasts, especially around events
EG is the leading trusted source of news, analysis and data for the UK property industry.
Since 1858 EG (previously Estates Gazette) has delivered through its weekly print magazine, with a portfolio of services added over the past decade, including its websites; EGi, Propertylink and estatesgazette.com.
Our readers are mostly based in the UK but also include a global audience doing business in the UK and cover a range of sovereign wealth funds, developers, investors, lawyers and advisers.
Estates Gazette is a division of Reed Business and a member of RELX Group, the world's leading publisher and information provider.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information provides information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools.
Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day.
RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI Benefits Package
- Competitive basic salary
- 29 Days holiday (option to 32)
- Pension Scheme
- 2 Paid Charity Days
- Life Insurance (4 x salary)
- SAYE Scheme
- Season Ticket loan scheme
- Childcare Allowance
Click 'Apply' now.