The Times & The Sunday Times, Engagement Editor
The Times and The Sunday Times are looking for an engagement editor to lead our efforts to create distinct communities of Times and Sunday Times readers and deepen the relationship our readers have with the titles and our journalists.
The ideal candidate will have experience of implementing an engagement strategy in a related area and of having used data to inform their decision making.
She or he should have evidence of creating an environment for informed discussion and debate as well as having experimented with other ways of driving habit among readers.
They will also be able to train journalists to engage with readers online and work with reporters to come up with fresh ways to get readers involved in a story. She or he would also benefit from experience of creating lively communities on both owned and distributed platforms.
- Creating and executing a strategy for increasing the time our readers spend with us and the frequency with which they return
- Finding new ways that readers can interact with a story as well as working with reporters to source leads from our readers
- Using data to develop initiatives that drive quality interaction with readers
- Developing communities of interest within our readership, both on and off-site
- Overseeing our commenting strategy to support a high-level of discussion and debate
- Working with other teams in the business to ensure our digital products, marketing communications and events more deeply engage readers
Skills and experience:
- Experience of developing and implementing an engagement strategy
- An ability to analyse data and trends to inform our subscription-based business
- Good stakeholder management and the ability to persuade people to your point of view
- Experience moderating and maintaining digital communities
- Ability to work with senior editors
- A solid understanding of social media and SE
- An understanding of the Times and Sunday Times brand, audience and tone
- The ability to work in a multi-discipline team and get things done
- An awareness of what other publishers are doing in this area and a desire to experiment
Apply by completing the application form below.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart.
Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week.
They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.