Not-for-Profit Organisation, Communications Manager
Our client is a newly launched private sector led not-for-profit organisation aiming to inform, educate and collaborate with businesses across the UK to improve their productivity.
Their aim is to be the catalyst for transforming British business culture and helping to achieve long-lasting performance improvements in companies of all sizes, across all sectors.
This high profile organisation is already sponsored by some of the UK's most senior business leaders from companies including Amazon, Rolls-Royce, John Lewis Partnership, BT and global strategy firm McKinsey.
Based in Amazon's UK offices, the organisation aims to encourage more businesses of all sizes and sectors to understand their current performance and actively seek out ways to improve, so good businesses can become great ones.
The Communications Manager will play a leading role in developing and delivering the communications strategy to support the organisation’s outreach.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Affairs, the Communications Manager will have responsibility for developing and delivering a proactive media strategy to ensure the organisation is firmly established as the key authority on productivity, both nationally and regionally.
The role will also be responsible for writing releases, articles and statements and crafting key messages to generate conversation, interest and action and profile the organisation as a key authority on productivity.
- Proactively seek out news worthy story opportunities to develop key messages to increase the organisation’s profile across media and with influencers and organisations both regionally and nationally.
- Write releases, articles and statements, crafting key messages for specific groups, initiatives or projects and develop relationships with target media representatives regionally and nationally
- Working closely with the research & impact and campaign teams, to deliver consistent content across digital and print
- Developing case studies to bring the productivity challenge to life with external audiences
- Respond to requests from the press for comments, views and supporting information and maximise opportunities for further engagement on relevant topics
- Identifying new media opportunities for the Chairman, CEO and supporting senior business leaders
- Building relationships with the Corporate / External Affairs teams for the leading businesses involved and working with them to shape Be the Business’ communications activity
- Keep up to date with current regional / national news
Skills & experience
- Previous experience in PR, communications or journalism
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Excellent organisational, time management and planning skills with the ability to multitask
- The ability to cope under pressure
- Business awareness and an ability to distil complex economic issues into simple messages
- A good knowledge of current affairs
Apply by completing the application form below.