The Sun, Digital Features Writer - Casual Shifts
The features content of The Sun plays a huge part in sculpting the paper's identity and making it the best-selling UK newspaper.
Our feature writers generate a robust list of original ideas and execute the best to fill the spreads, pages and half pages which the department is responsible for producing seven days a week and each writer is aiming to make the front page every day!
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of current affairs and trends. To do this by reading all the British newspapers every day plus reading, listening to and watching as much other news and entertainment media as possible - both traditional and new.
- To introduce and maintain contacts with freelancers, agents, PRs, publishers and other sources. These are essential in securing exclusive material for The Sun.
- To have the necessary drive and journalistic skills to execute those ideas and turn them into great copy which Sun readers will enjoy.
- To have exceptional writing and interviewing skills, honed through previous experience.
- To have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations.
- To always act in accordance with the IPSO Code of Conduct and all of the Company guidelines for high standards of ethical and professional conduct.
- To encourage collaboration and support others, actively engaging with people in other teams and departments.
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern.
Apply by completing the application form below.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart.
Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week.
They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.