MR PORTER, Sub-Editor
Since launching in February 2011, MR PORTER has established itself as the premier global online retail destination for men's style.
MR PORTER offers style advice, a weekly online magazine, The Journal, and a print publication, The Post, put together by a team of dedicated Editors and Creatives. Editorial content sits alongside the latest products from the world's leading designers.
The site is curated, edited and served by an independent world-class team, benefiting from the global infrastructure of the YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP.
We have an incredibly exciting and challenging opportunity for a Sub-Editor to join MR PORTER’s award-winning editorial team and work on the launch of a new editorial platform alongside the existing Journal and creative teams.
Reporting into the Editor, you will be responsible for all sub-editing across the new platform as well as managing its production cycle.
- Subbing features: checking accuracy, cutting copy to fit, proofing, maintaining house style.
- Writing heads, sells, cover lines and captions to house style
- Writing and reworking features when necessary
- Ensuring all editorial content is consistent and reflects the aims and values of MRPORTER.COM as a global style destination
- Managing workflow of the editorial platform, including liaising with ads, production and external Creatives
- Checking product credits, click-through functionality and navigation for the platform
- Strategic planning for the timings of special initiatives. Planning cover for busy periods and holidays and making sure the workflow continues to run smoothly at all times
- Checking mobile site
- Formatting and uploading all content to CMS
- Optimising all copy for SEO
- Creating compulsive headlines and CTAs for social media
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Experience working as a Sub-Editor
- A good understanding and genuine love of luxury fashion/retail as well as the online retail environment.
- Experience in menswear specifically is an advantage
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment
- Able to manage a changing workload effectively to meet daily deadlines
- Excellent communicator who can work well in a busy team
- A diplomatic person who is confident to work with people at all levels
- A master of catchy and clever headlines
- Great ideas generator
- Expert social media user with a good knowledge of all relevant platforms
- Excellent eye for detail
- Fluent in Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience of Content Management Systems
- PC and Mac literate
- A sense of humour and a passion for the MR PORTER customer and brand
Please click 'Apply' to submit your CV and a supporting cover note explaining why you are suitable and interested in this opportunity.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is an equal opportunities employer, if you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger, which in October 2015, brought together YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP; the two companies had revolutionized the luxury fashion industry since their birth in 2000.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is a unique business with an unrivalled offering including multi-brand in-season online stores NET-A-PORTER and MR PORTER, and multi-brand off-season online stores YOOX and THE OUTNET, as well as numerous ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES, all “Powered by YNAP”. Through a joint venture established in 2012, YOOX NET -A-PORTER GROUP has partnered with Kering to manage the ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES of several of the French group's luxury brands.
In 2016, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP joined forces with Symphony, an entity controlled by Mohamed Alabbar’s family, to establish a ground-breaking joint venture to create the Middle East’s undisputed leader for online luxury retail.
Uniquely positioned in the high growth online luxury sector, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP has an unrivalled client base of more than 2.9 million high-spending customers, 29 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2016 net revenues of €1.9 billion. The Group has offices and operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Hong Kong and delivers to more than 180 countries around the world. YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP.
For further information: ynap.com | LinkedIn: YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP | Twitter: @YNAP