Man Bites Dog, Account Director
Man Bites Dog is the specialist B2B marketing communications consultancy. We unleash marketing, public relations and business development to take your brand from ideas to leads.
Description of Vacancy:
We’re looking for a pedigree Account Director or Senior Account Director to join our growing pack in Brighton.
Man Bites Dog is a multi-award winning B2B marketing communications consultancy.
We work with market leaders and challengers in the Consulting, Legal, Financial, Technology, Industrial and Property sectors.
We’re proud to be strategic advisors to these fascinating companies – helping them develop creative PR programmes, integrated campaigns and content that deliver commercial returns.
But we’re far from a traditional corporate agency. We dare to be different in how we do business and the kind of work we do. There’s no creative or commercial challenge too big for The Dogs.
We do interesting and inspiring work to be proud of and have built a collegiate culture based on hard work and good fun. It’s one of the reasons we win so many awards, and why our team choose to stay and grow with us.
- Ideas and strategy: Leading ideas generation, creating integrated PR and marketing campaigns and offering strategic direction.
- Client relations and management: Acting as a trouble shooter with overall responsibility for client activity. Building internal relationships and leading strategic organic growth.
- New business and profitability: Focusing on profitability, strategic organic growth, proactive lead generation, contracts and attending senior level networking events. Overall responsibility for service levels, resourcing and fee forecasting.
- Copywriting: Giving final sign-off on all team copywriting, writing heavy-weight whitepapers and creating strategic plans and proposals.
- Crisis communications: Leading on crises and issues.
- People management: Managing account teams and training, mentoring and supporting staff.
- Ad-hoc: Pitching in and supporting your pack with as-hoc work as required.
The key qualities we’re looking for in our new hound:
- A business enthusiast with at least five years’ experience in B2B marketing communications.
- A PR and marketing expert with an excellent knowledge of the global news agenda and strong media & influencer relations skills.
- An industry and sector expert - solid understanding of business audiences (SMEs, mid-market and corporates).
- An outstanding communicator - written and verbal.
- An exceptional consultant able to maintain and grow client relationships.
- A strategic thinker able to design and deliver complex campaigns.
- A creative genius that can craft a compelling story, generate and evidence big ideas.
- A top-notch project manager able to work to objectives, targets, deadlines and deliver results.
- An unflappable operator and problem solver that can juggle multiple responsibilities.
- An excellent track record in winning new business – able to grow existing clients and identify and win new ones.
- An inspiring leader who loves helping their team and clients reach their full potential.
- Strong commercial acumen – first-rate financial planning and reporting with the ability to set and work to budget and monitor profitability.
We need a commercially minded, seriously smart and experienced professional who can work with us to drive growth, innovation and excellence.
Competitive salary and incredible benefits.
Check out our Website or Twitter to find out more about what we do and what we’re about.
Email your CV and covering letter by completing the application form below if you wish to apply.